How many times do you get triggered throughout the day? You may not even realise it, but the stressors of everyday life can so taxing -- commuting to and from work, unwanted encounters, negative news, late nights. Modern society glorifies being “busy” and staying productive. It’s one thing to the next, and the tasks are never-ending. The result? You accumulate copious amounts of stress from the moment you wake up until you finally get to bed for some shut-eye...
How do you cope with these stressors? The first tip would be to turn off the news. Secondly prioritising rest and relaxation as a daily necessity to get the TLC (tender, love, and care) you deserve is essential, it will help you recharge for the next day. We recommend creating a daily post-work ritual to unwind and carve out time to have a bath a few times a week.
Soaking in a mineral bath is great for the end of the day reflection, and there is a myriad of beneficial reasons to incorporate them into your daily self-care routine:
- Decreases Stress - Soaking in a warm bath is the perfect way to unwind and de-stress. A Japanese study recently showed that the stress level markers, cortisol and chromogranin, decreased considerably in those who took a bath after approximately 60 minutes of a stressful event.
- Improves Sleep - Taking a bath roughly 2 hours before bedtime is a natural way of inducing a good night’s sleep. Hopping out of a warm bath before bed cools your body down significantly, triggering the release of melatonin in your brain and making you feel sleepy and ready for bed.
- Increases Energy - Fatigue sets in when your body is not getting the minerals it needs. Verdant Alchemy bath salts include minerals such as magnesium
- Ease Inflammation - New research shows that hot baths reduce inflammation and improve metabolism. The addition of Verdant Alchemy Bath Salts in your warm bath can help reduce inflammation in your joints caused by arthritis or other muscular diseases.
- Muscle Recovery - A hot bath post-workout can relieve overstretched muscles, back pain and minor sports injuries. The heat of the bath mixed with minerals and salts increases the temperature of the aching muscles, helping them to relax and aid in pain relief.
- Skin Benefits - Although scalding hot baths can irritate your skin, a warm bath with Verdant Alchemy bath salts and bath oils can hydrate and heal dry or irritated skin. Mineral baths are also great for detoxifying the skin, helping with skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and acne.
- Improves Circulation - Blood circulation is one of the most important functions in the body. It’s what makes our bodies work. Taking a hot bath uses heat to induce better blood flow and circulation.
Our Favourite baths for stress relief